Whether you’re currently pregnant (and thirsty!) or are a mom just trying to whip up something to end your day with, here are 2 delicious summery spritz recipes to make any hour happy hour.
1. Grapefruit Mocktail Spritz Recipe
To be honest, sometimes the mocktails are just as good as the real deal and the best part is you don’t have a hangover! WINNING! I loved this making this grapefruit mocktail spritz recipe when I was pregnant, especially on a hot summer day.
- 1 fresh grapefruit (you can 100% use a grapefruit juice, but fresh squeezed is WAY better!), juiced
- Pellegrino (or any brand of sparkling water)
- Lavender (for garnish)
What to do
- In your fanciest wine glass, fill halfway with ice
- Pour in the grapefruit juice to fill the glass halfway
- Fill the rest with sparkling water
- Garnish with a slice of grapefruit & a sprig or 2 of lavender
2. Aperol Spritz Recipe
Oh what I would give to be back in Lake Como sipping a Spritz! On our honeymoon I sipped these round the clock–almost to a point of concern, as I was ordering them at like 10am–and knew I had to bring this recipe home with me. But careful, these heavenly drinks can sneak up on you if you’re not in Italy sipping them all day. Been there!
- Soda or sparkling water
What to do
- Fill your glass halfway with ice and let the glass chill.
- Pour 3 parts champagne (I used a 2-ounce shot-glass for each part).
- Add 2 parts of Aperol.
- Pour 1 splash of fizzy water.
- Garnish with an orange.
Cheers, mamas! If you loved these spritz recipes don’t forget to visit my site for several other cocktails – and I make actual food, too!
About the Creator!
Hey there! I’m Sivan, a lifestyle blogger at SivanAyla.com and I’ve also created two other brands, Tan + Lines (Swim and Sport for mom and kids) and Lux + Unfiltered (natural-looking self-tanning products). I live in Los Angeles with my daughter Capri and my husband Paul, plus our two dogs.
One thing you should know about me: I love a good buzz. I’m a firm believer that a good glass of rosé can solve most problems and I’m always trying new drink recipes to share with my community. Obviously I had to cut out the booze when I was pregnant a couple years ago but that didn’t mean I stopped creating drinks.
You can also find me @sivanayla on Instagram! Tag me in your spritz pics!