While the parks are closed, bring the magic of Disney to your home with these 3 Cinderella-inspired Disney DIYs. They will have your babe feeling like a princess for hours!
1. Cinderella Mickey Ear Bars
- 1 package of Mickey Mouse Vanilla Ice Cream Bars from the grocery store (we found ours at Target)
- Ghirardelli white chocolate melting wafers
- Melt chocolate wafers, in 30-second intervals at 50% power, stir.
- Melt wafers again in 15-second intervals at 50% power until melted (hint: you do not want the chocolate to get hot)
- Line mouse-ear ice cream onto wax paper, then place on cookie sheet
- Dip or pour melted chocolate onto ears
- Sprinkle as desired
- Place back in the freezer for 5-10 minutes and enjoy for a delicious Disney treat
2. Cinderella Magic Wands
- 2 white glitter felt sheets
- 2 blue glitter felt sheets
- 1 premium grey felt sheet
- Embroidery needle
- Floss thread
- Package of wooden craft sticks
- Pillow/Doll stuffing from a craft store
- Ribbon for decor (satin, grosgrain, pom pom, etc.)
- Craft tacky clue
- Mini hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Draw and cut out your first outline (carriage, glass slipper or crown) Note: I freehand drew the outline stencils onto my felt with permanent marker from looking at an image, you can also trace a cookie cutter or trace a picture from online.
- Place the first cutout onto another piece of felt for an exact duplicate (this will be your front/back pieces of the wand).
- Start to stitch the pieces together, if you search online you can find many examples of different types of stitches. I decided to use the top/bottom or over/under. Keep in mind you want to pull the needle through the top and the floss all the way through and knot the bottom to keep intact.
- Begin the stitching in the corner and work clockwise from bottom to top, left to right.
- Once you get to the bottom middle you can hot glue the craft stick and stick it onto the inner back piece of felt.
- Start stuffing areas of the pillow wand as you stitch and give yourself room near the end to add in the remainder.
- Stitch closed and you are done.
- Add ribbons to the top of the wooden craft stick.
- Using tacky glue add desired sequins and glitter to front.
4. Magical Disney Princess Backdrop
- 2 white plastic table covers
- Long metal strip or whatever you will use to attach the garland too.
- Cut tablecloth into 2-inch strips.
- Tie on to your holder/frame/pole by making a knot at the top. I like to layer each strip with two pieces for a thicker look.
- Keep going until you have the width and length that you want.
- Add ribbons for a fancier look in between and at the end.
- Hang strip on wall with gorilla glue tape or what you prefer to use.
Dress your babe in their favorite iloveplum princess tutu and have a magical Disney inspired afternoon!
P.S. These magical Disney DIYs also work great for a Cinderella or princess themed birthday party!
About the Creator!
Hi y’all, I’m Lauren … a mom to two darling girls Charlotte and Caroline, quarantine turned me into a craft crazed DIY lady and we are all loving that. Sharer of lots of fashion, classic children’s clothing, travel and more all over at @laur_diamantas … would love to have you follow along.
iloveplum dresses are the easiest, most comfy, twirl worthy tutus. Constructed from a classic leotard body, a spandex racerback bodice adorned with snap closures and tons of tulle to twirl in. Classic and comfortable.
Bodice: Polyester / Spandex
Skirt: Polyester Tulle